A leading industrial manufacturing company is looking to appoint an EHS & Explosives/Energetics Manager, based in the Joplin, MO area. This person will serve as the company's subject matter expert for energetics and explosives, regarding health, safety, transportation, and licensing. Also, this role will serve as an explosive subject matter expert to facilitate the Business Development team and support customer growth opportunities and needs.
- Act as SME for all things related to energetics compliance and explosives safety; provide guidance & direction for nationwide EHS team.
- Responsible for developing & implementing DOD explosive Safety regulations in accordance to DOD 4145.26-M.
- Provide engineering and process hazards assessments for new and existing energetic products, processes, and facilities.
- Develop and maintain process documentation including test plans, engineering reports, standard operating procedures, travelers, and risk assessments for explosive shielding, handling, UN testing, and equipment.
- 8+ years EHS experience in Energetics, Explosives, or Battery manufacturing.
- B.S. degree in EHS, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Explosives required. Advanced degree in similar fields preferred.
- Experience working with US and Foreign explosive regulatory agencies preferred.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).