A global professional services firm is looking to appoint a Consulting Director to lead the development of its North American EHS consulting practice. A successful candidate will have operational oversight for the practice, working with international colleagues and providing oversight of key accounts and projects. They will be tasked with developing a suite of EHS services, building a profitable and sustainable pipeline of business, and developing a team of productive EHS consultants.
- Assist with the development of business strategy, capitalizing on opportunities to partner internationally.
- Develop new and existing client relationships to generate a sales pipeline of prospective consultancy assignments.
- Prepare and submit commercial bid proposals to turn these leads into active commercial projects.
- Build and manage a team of EHS consultants, leading their growth and development and ensuring they deliver against client requirements.
- Provide oversight and direction to key client accounts, operating as a subject matter expert and conducting fee-earning work when necessary.
- Contribute to the marketing of Consulting services through online media and in-person events.
- 10+ years of operational leadership experience within an EHS consulting practice
- Prior business development, project management, and team leadership experience
- A degree and relevant EHS certifications (e.g., CSP, CIH, CHST, OHST, OSHA 500, etc.)
- Exceptional communication, organization and relationship-building skills
- Remote based, able to travel up to 30%