A leading chemical manufacturer is looking to appoint a new EHS Director to oversee and lead the EHS across their US operations. Leading a team of direct reports, the EHS Director will be tasked with being a strategic and hands-on leader for the business, ensuring all sites are in compliance with EHS regulations while leading a positive safety culture.
- Set EHS priorities, and lead positive culture change across the organization; introducing new programs, initiatives and best practices in all areas of EH&S
- Defining and developing the EHS strategy on a companywide scale, providing leadership for the development of EHS systems, policies and processes across all locations
- Partner with senior leadership at the corporate level, through to plant leadership teams, to ensure that a safety-first mindset is being successfully integrated into all daily operations.
- Prepare and present regular reports, KPIs and presentations as required to company leadership.
- Manage a team of direct reports
- B.S. in Safety or Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, or related technical field
- 10+ years of EHS experience within relevant manufacturing environments (chemicals preferred)
- PSM knowledge required
- Experience of building EHS programs and developing strategy across multiple locations
- Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills, with the ability to influence successfully at all levels of a organization; a track-record of driving tangible, positive EHS culture change on an organizational-wide scale
- Experience successfully managing and leading a team of direct report