A national manufacturing organization is looking to appoint a EHS Engineer for their facility in the Greater Pittsburgh area. Working alongside the corporate EHS team, the successful candidate will be tasked with fostering a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Works with Plant, Production, Operations, Maintenance and site management to drive the EHS performance and results.
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests, and submissions for the site.
- Monitors changes to all EHS regulations pertaining to their area and reviews recommendations for incorporation into EHS management systems and standards in a timely manner.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation to include program design, EHS data collection and posting, training documentation, and KPI reports.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in EHS roles.
- Safety experience within a heavy manufacturing (or similar) environment.
- Experience in a union environment preferred
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in OHS, IH, Physical Science/Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.