A leading industrial manufacturer is currently seeking an EHS Engineer to lead the EHS function at its facility in the Springfield, MA area. The EHS Engineer will be overseeing a manufacturing facility and will be responsible for updating and maintaining the site's EHS systems and programs. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS related matters.
- Act as face of company's EHS programs, overseeing the facility
- Work with plant leaders to promote a strong, safety-focused culture
- Serve as the subject matter expert and primary contact in respect to all EHS matters
- Lead self and others in EHS audits, risk assessments, and training.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- B.S. degree in EHS-related field
- 3+ years of EHS experience within an industrial or chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience with ISO 9001 & 18001
- Knowledgeable of applicable OSHA and EPA regulations
- Energetic, effective communicating, detail oriented, creative problem solving, self-motivated individual
- Ability to work well with multi-functional teams or independently.