A large industrial manufacturing company is seeking an EHS Engineer to assist the site EHS Manager at their Williamstown, MA area location. The EHS Engineer will hold a highly visible role within the organization and will be offered significant career growth opportunities at this multinational company. The successful candidate will be tasked with influencing a healthy environmental & safety culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Manages and plans all safety training programs, suggests safety award programs and incentives
- Advises plant management of any potential law changes and their impact on the plant
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Participates as a leader for weekly inspections and audits in identifying safety hazards and oversees timely corrections of any violation
- Develop and implement EHS policies and procedures
- 2+ years EHS experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS or related field required
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and managing environmental regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others
- Experience with EPA and OSHA regulations is required, and MSHA experience is preferred