A leading manufacturer is currently seeking an EHS Manager to lead its largest facility in the Muskegon, MI area. The EHS Manager will be responsible for overseeing a 400-employee manufacturing facility. The incumbent will be responsible with helping to create, implement and maintain safety programs. The successful candidate will be expected serve as a communication link between management and employees by keeping all personnel informed of EHS related matters.
- Implement a safety training curriculum and procedures to eliminate injuries and illnesses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Oversee facility audits and incident investigations
- Serve as safety expert and primary contact in respect to health and safety matters
- 5+ years of EHS experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Industrial Health related field