A large food manufacturing firm near East Los Angeles is looking for an EHS Manager to work with the existing EHS team to lead safety training for employees, design effective methods of measuring and improving workplace safety standards, and conduct regular inspections and audits in order to meet compliance with respective regulatory agencies.
This position would be covering the afternoon shift from 2 pm - 10:30 pm
- Analyze and track results, identify opportunities, and implement measures for continuous improvement
- Develop and deliver EH&S training courses
- Ensure the company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA, FDA, Cal- OSHA, etc
- Update Training Matrix which includes S.O.P. training records as well as safety training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Safety Management, or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of EHS experience, preferably in food or beverage or similar industries
- In-depth knowledge of CalOSHA and other relevant regulations
- Strong attention to detail and effective communication skills