A global, industry-leading manufacturing company is looking to appoint an EHS Manager to oversee the EHS function and programs at one of their key locations in Batavia, IL (just outside of Chicago). The EHS Manager will be a part of the site leadership team and will be the EHS subject matter expert for this location. The successful candidate will be tasked with fostering and influencing a strong EHS culture, requiring the ability to influence and engage employees at various levels of the business.
- Acts as a change-agent, influencing plant employees and management to drive the EHS performances and lead the plant to a world-class safety program
- Supports company interface with regulatory authorities for regulatory visits, requests and submissions for the region.
- Accountable for managing site EHS documentation
- Leads site EHS audits and recommends corrective actions where necessary, as well as leading site EHS training, and any incident or near miss investigations
- 3-5+ years of EHS experience within manufacturing required
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS, IH, Engineering or a related technical field is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of H&S programs such as LOTO, machine guarding, and ergonomics. Knowledge and experience of environmental permitting and compliance is also required, across air, water and waste disciplines
- Fluency in Spanish is not a pre-requisite, but would be very desirable for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills