A leading global manufacturer is currently seeking an EHS Specialist to join their team at its Raleigh, NC area plant. This company invests heavily into its EHS programs and developed a strong safety culture. The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside the EHS team to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop and implement an EHS training curriculum and procedures to eliminate injuries and illnesses.
- Interact with regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with company and government standards
- Respond and evaluate incident root causes and assist in the closure of CAPAS by working with those impacted and using EHS management system software.
- Oversee the Contractor Safety Program by establishing close interactions with departments that utilize contractors and working with them to ensure all Contractor Safety Program elements are applied accordingly.
- Review contractor safe work plans, routine project safety inspections, training compliance, and investigations.
- Serve as safety expert and primary contact in respect to EHS matters
- 3+ years of EHS experience within a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS-related field required
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills