An industry-leading and global biopharmaceutical company is seeking an EHS Specialist for their flagship R&D and manufacturing campus in Illinois, located just south of the Chicago suburbs. This is a hands-on position, providing support to a broad range of EHS programs, as part of a large EHS team for the facility.
- Managing a variety of EHS programs to ensure compliance and continuous improvement, including for Fall Protection, Hazard Communication, Confined Space, LOTO, Machine Guarding, Electrical Safety, Ergonomics, Hot Work, Chemical Handling and Hygiene, etc.
- Leading risk assessments across manufacturing, laboratory and maintenance activities throughout the facility
- Carrying out EHS audits, training, incident and near miss investigations as required
- Bachelor's degree is required in a relevant field of study, e.g. Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, etc.
- 5+ years of EHS experience, including within fast-paced manufacturing environments
- Experience within a chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment would be very desirable
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence well with a broad variety of employees throughout the facility