A leading manufacturing company is looking to appoint an EHS Specialist to join their growing team in the Reno, NV area. The specialist will focus on EHS initiatives, rollout safety policies, and help drive EHS goals to the next level. The individual will work closely with the Regional EHS team and report to the Plant Leadership.
- Acts as an OSHA and EPA regulatory compliance resource.
- Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facility's safety monitoring and recordkeeping systems to ensure compliance with all policies and federal regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Plant Operations and Corporate Safety team to evaluate and determine appropriate proactive safety strategies.
- Facilitate safety, health, and environmental training for all plant personnel.
- Ensure the proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes.
- Bachelor's degree required, Safety & Health and/or Environmental or equivalent degree preferred.
- 4+ years of EHS experience in an industrial setting.
- Must be comfortable working in a plant environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage others.