A food manufacturing organization is looking for an EHS Specialist to develop, implement and maintain safety policies and procedures for all employees operating out of two facilities. The incumbent will implement programs and procedures in compliance with state and federal safety regulations and oversee the main facility near San Mateo and travel to their second site in Fairfield 2-3 times a month.
- Manage all aspects of health and safety programs and regulations at the two facilities;
- Analyze existing training needs and work to develop new, or improve on existing training programs;
- Manage worker's comp program and work to decrease overall claims;
- Conduct inspections and audits to identify potential accident hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures accordingly.
- A Bachelor's degree is required
- 3+ years of related experience, with demonstrated experience managing the health and safety function in a manufacturing environment;
- A consistent track record of driving the health and safety agenda for a safe workplace at a plant level with at least a few hundred employees;
- In-depth knowledge of CalOSHA regulations, reporting, and record-keeping requirements;