A leading manufacturing organization is looking to hire an Environmental Specialist to be based from their corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA. Part of the EHS team, the Environmental Specialist will support all environmental matters at several Eastern/ Mid-West U.S. plants to help maintain compliance with air, waste, and water regulatory requirements. Travel is required - up to 50%.
- Maintain environmental records/data, complete inspections, collect samples, and generate regulatory reports to maintain compliance
- Perform environmental and management system inspections, audits, and incident investigations
- Provide support with Environmental permitting, including Air (Title V), NPDES, and Hazwaste
- Tracking waste and emissions
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annually reports
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental related field preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or consulting role.
- Experience with Air permitting & monitoring
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental programs and regulations.
- Knowledge of approved sampling methods, techniques, and procedures.