One of the North America's largest aggregates, cement and construction materials company is looking for a Head of Safety Manager to join their team in the Chino, CA area. Working throughout California, this person will be responsible for leading safety performance across all their facilities - ensuring a commitment towards safety excellence across all operational teams. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader, where you will be given every platform to succeed in the role.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with regional leadership in highlighting successes, focus areas and KPI's throughout the region, in order to continually develop the safety program
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects and sites, as deemed necessary
- Train, coach and mentor operation leaders and safety professionals
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA & MSHA
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or other related discipline
- 10+ years hands on safety leadership experience in either building materials, aggregates, heavy manufacturing or similar industries
- Proven experience overseeing Workers Comp
- Self-starter who is able to work autonomously
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, able to interface with employees at all levels of the organization
- Based in the Chino, CA area - with the ability to travel across CA & Canada (circa. 30%)