One of North America's largest aggregates, cement, and construction materials company is looking for a Health of Safety Manager to join their team in the Northern California area. Working throughout Northern California, this person will be responsible for leading safety performance across all their facilities - ensuring a commitment towards safety excellence across all operational teams. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader, where you will be given every platform to succeed in the role.
*This role can be based between San Jose, Sacramento, and Redding, CA*
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with regional leadership in highlighting successes, focus areas and KPI's throughout the region, in order to continually develop the safety program
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects and sites, as deemed necessary
- Train, coach and mentor operation leaders and safety professionals
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA & MSHA
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or other related discipline
- 7+ years hands on safety leadership experience in either building materials, aggregates, heavy manufacturing or similar industries
- 3+ years experience managing multiple sites
- Strong leadership and mentoring experience
- Excellent communication skills; able to interface with employees at all levels of the organization
- Based within the San Jose, Sacramento, and Redding area - with the ability to travel across Northern California (30-60%)