One of North America's largest aggregates, cement, and construction materials company is looking for a Head of Safety Manager to join their team in the Jacksonville, FL area. Working throughout Florida and Southern Georgia, this person will be responsible for leading safety performance across all their facilities - ensuring a commitment towards safety excellence across all operational teams. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader, where you will be given every platform to succeed in the role.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program
- Work closely with regional leadership in highlighting successes, focus areas and KPI's throughout the region, in order to continually develop the safety program
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects and sites, as deemed necessary
- Train, coach and mentor operation leaders and safety professionals
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA & MSHA
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or other related discipline
- 7+ years hands on safety leadership experience in either building materials, aggregates, heavy manufacturing or similar industries
- Proven experience overseeing Workers Comp
- Self-starter who is able to work autonomously
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, able to interface with employees at all levels of the organization
- Based in the Jacksonville, FL area - with the ability to travel across FL an GA (30-50%)