A leading maintenance and facilities company is looking to appoint a Safety and Environmental Health Manager to lead the program for a large hospital in the Palo Alto, CA area. The Safety and Environmental Health Manager will be tasked with influencing a healthy safety culture, requiring the ability to engage key stakeholders at various levels of the business across multiple facilities. They will hold a highly visible role within the organization and is responsible for overseeing organizational compliance with local, state and federal EH&S regulations.
- Developing, strategizing and implementing a long-term plan for the EHS function
- Interpreting regulations and permit requirements into developed and implemented programs and guidance to ensure site compliance.
- Develop programs with regards to waste regulatory, permit applications and negotiations, risk mitigation and technical training
- Promoting continuous improvement efforts in the EHS function, integrating tactical and strategic EHS planning
- Develop, maintain and improve safety programs from the ground-up
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, IH, Environmental Science, or a related technical field preferred
- Must have 5+ years’ EHS experience within a hospital or clinical facility
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly throughout all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel up to 50% - company car will be provided