A leading solar and renewables company is looking to appoint a Safety & ESG Director. You will be responsible for leading the development and continuous improvement of the company’s safety culture and program. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, with a commitment to safety and who will offer continuous development opportunities.
This role can be based in either Tempe, AZ or Westport, CT.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with heavy focus on employee engagement towards the safety program.
- Highlight successes and focus areas to senior leadership, to continually develop the company safety program.
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA.
- 7-10 years safety leadership experience in a similar environment e.g. renewables or construction
- A proven leader, with strong communication skills who can engage with internal & external stakeholders alike.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health, Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- Experience dealing with regulatory bodies e.g. OSHA
- Able to travel nationwide as the role requires (circa. 25%)