A specialist manufacturing company is searching for a Safety Manager to lead their team at a site outside of Baton Rouge, LA. The Safety Manager will serve as a prominent leader in promoting company-wide engagement at all levels, and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Promote a proactive safety culture at all levels of the organization, with a heavy focus on employee engagement in the safety program
- Identify, develop, and deliver safety training in areas such as safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment, etc.
- Ensure the company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes.
- Ability to review existing company programs and provide updates regarding OSHA policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, engineering or other field with applicable Safety and Health experience preferred but not required
- 10+ years of experience with Health & Safety, preferably in the chemical industry.
- Strong communication skills to can engage with internal & external stakeholders alike
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team