An industry leading general contractor is looking for a Senior Safety Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for overseeing safety for one of the company's flagship projects, leading a team of professionals and working closely with senior leadership to ensure safety remains the number one priority for all employees. This represents a fantastic opportunity to join an established company, who are viewed as industry leaders in their field.
- Take ownership over the development and implementation of new strategies and initiatives to continually improve the safety program & culture across the project
- Collect, analyze and report on safety metrics and KPIs at a project a level, identifying trends and utilizing results to manage, modify and deliver safety priorities across the project
- Act as the figurehead for the project safety program, working with all levels of staff, from site-based personnel through executive leadership and senior client contacts in order to reinforce a "Safety First" attitude across the organization
- Lead and develop existing project safety staff
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Work alongside industry regulatory bodies (OSHA, TX DOT) to ensure compliance to any and all relevant local, state or federal legislation
- Holds current safety certification either CSP, ASP, SMS (Required)
- 10 years experience managing safety in a heavy civil-construction environment, ideally highway infrastructure (required)
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety, Engineering or other related discipline (preferred)
- A strong communicator who can engage with both key internal and external stakeholders
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred)
- Based in San Antonio, TX - Relocation Assistance will be provided for non-local candidates.