An industry-leading and global biopharmaceutical company is seeking a Site EHS Director for their flagship R&D and manufacturing campus in Illinois, located just south of the Chicago suburbs.
This role will lead the EHS strategy and programs for a complex facility, with a workforce (including union employees) of over 1,500 people. It will lead a large EHS team of direct and dotted line reports.
**Please note: this is not a remote position, candidates must work on-site at the facility in the Bourbonnais, IL area**
- Reporting into the Senior EHS Director for the Americas region, this role will lead the EHS strategy and programs for a large pharmaceutical campus, with a diverse and complex EHS footprint (including PSM, biosafety, industrial hygiene, occupational safety, environmental compliance and permitting, chemical handling and hygiene)
- Operating as part of the site leadership team, this role will work closely with senior stakeholders from various departments throughout the facility, driving the execution of EHS strategy effectively, and driving continuous improvement, behavioral and cultural change.
- Responsible for managing a large annual EHS budget effectively
- Responsible for leading a large EHS team at the facility, comprising both direct and dotted line report
- Bachelor's degree is required in a relevant field of study, e.g. Occupational Safety, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, etc.
- 10+ years of relevant EHS experience, including roles with a similar leadership profile and level of responsibility
- Experience in pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing industries is highly preferred, including PSM-regulated environments
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence well with diverse stakeholders, and drive continuous improvement to EHS programs and performance