A global, industry-leading semiconductor company is seeking a Sr. EHS Engineer, to lead the EHS program for their chemical manufacturing and R&D facility in the Totowa, NJ area. This role will work very closely with senior members of their EHS leadership team, and represents a great opportunity to develop your career at a rapidly-growing, successful and ambitious organization.
- Provide hands-on, day-to-day EHS support, expertise and leadership to the facility in Totowa, NJ - working closely with employees at all levels and from a variety of departments.
- Ensure environmental compliance and best practices in key areas such as hazardous waste, air permitting and pollution prevention - ensuring full compliance with federal, state and local regulatory bodies.
- Develop and implement programs such as chemical hygiene, lab safety, hazard communication, emergency response and forklift safety
- Develop and implement site level requirements for ISO 45001 and 14001 management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; certifications such as CHMM, CIH, CSP would be desirable
- 7+ years of relevant EHS experience, within chemical manufacturing and/or R&D environments
- Strong knowledge and experience with environmental management and compliance, particularly around hazardous waste, NJDEP regulations, TSCA compliance, air permitting and pollution prevention
- Experience with safety and environmental laws / regulations specific to New Jersey, is required
- A hands-on, positive and proactive approach to EHS management, with excellent communication skills and the ability to drive change and continuous improvement